Dogsledding Adventure - 4 nights
This is your chance to get acquainted with those lovely huskies! Learn the ropes from a professional and enjoy the ride through winding trails and across the frozen lake.
Your dogsledding adventure starts right at your doorstep - the mushers pull up with their dogteams and let you have your own team. The dogs from Tagish Lake Kennel are exceptional athletes and most of them are race veterans, so you are sure to get a quality experience with well trained dogs. You'll start out with 3-4 dogs on your sled, and over the course of your program, your team grows larger as you feel more confident handling the sled and caring for your dogs.
The days include about 30km (18 Miles) of trails and there is a trapper's lunch included every day, where you stop somewhere in the wilderness and make camp so the dogs can rest.
The package includes return transfers from/to Whitehorse - everything is taken care of!
- Skiplane transfer Whitehorse - Resort
- 4 nights accommodation in private cabin
- Daily breakfast & 3-course dinner
- Packed lunch on the trail on dogsledding days
- Arrival snack
- 3 days of guided dogsledding by Michelle Phillips or her crew
- Rental of heavy duty winter clothing
- Shuttle transfer Resort-Whitehorse
What's not included?
- Meals and activities other than stated
- Personal insurance
Good to know
- no experience needed to join this program
- all guests are required to fill out a health form prior arrival and sign a waiver before doing any activity
- please let us know your arrival/departure times at Whitehorse at the time of booking
- program and prices may change without prior notice
- personal insurance not included in program